Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia MBBS,MD,MNAMS,DNB,FICD
Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia had his medical education from the prestigious University College of Medical Sciences (University of Delhi). He completed his M...Read more...BBS (with Honours) in 2003 followed by MD in Dermatology and Venereology in 2008. He additionally obtained his Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in 2009 and Membership of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS) in 2011. He is a recipient of many medals and awards during his career including the Delhi Medical Association Diamond Jubilee Gold Medal in 2003. In a short span of 6 years in dermatology, he has had an illustrious academic career. At the national level, he has presented his papers at various conferences and has won the Indian Association of Dermatologists Venereologists & Leprologists (IADVL) - Delhi Revolving CME Trophy at DERMAZONE-2008, New Delhi and the Young Dermatologist Forum Award at DERMACON-2009, Bangalore. He has presented his research paper at the 10th International Congress of Dermatology at Prague (Czech Republic) in 2009 and was the recipient of International Society of Dermatology (ISD) travel fellowship award for the same. He has also presented his research paper at the World Congress of Dermatology at Seoul (South Korea) in May 2011 for which he was awarded the CSIR travel grant from Govt. of India. He has also been awarded the Imrich-Sarkany Scholarship 2011 from the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) to attend the annual EADV conference at Lisbon, Portugal in October 2011. He has been an invited guest speaker at various zonal and state level dermatology and cosmetology conferences including Delhi CUTICON-2011, COSMEET-2011, 2010 and 2009, CME Meets of IADVL-Delhi and Gurgaon Dermatological Society, GSK academic forum and Dr Reddy’s Delhi Dermatologist academic forum. He has also contributed to the successful organization of various conferences including COSMEET-2011 (held at Paras Hospital, Gurgaon) as the Organising Secretary, COSMEET-2010 as the Organising Joint Secretary, and IADVL-Delhi Mid-Summer and Annual CUTICONS in 2009 as the Organising Joint Secretary. Apart from being a life member of IADVL, he is also a member of ISD and EADV, member of the Executive Committee of IADVL-Delhi State Branch and Founding member of Nail Society of India (NSI). He has many journal publications to his credit and has contributed chapters to various dermatology books for post-graduate as well undergraduate training in dermatology. He is currently the Assistant Editor of Journal of Cutaneous & Aesthetic Surgery (JCAS) and Member, Editorial Board of NSI Newsletter. Apart from clinical dermatology, Dr Sidharth takes keen interest and is greatly experienced in dermatosurgery and cosmetology procedures. His areas of expertise and special interests include - chemical peels, microdermabrasion (skin polishing), radiofrequency procedures, cryosurgery, collagen induction therapies, scar treatments, vitiligo (leucoderma) surgery, nail surgery, and lasers for various indications. He also devotes his time and skills to the development of innovative management strategies for skin conditions hitherto known- to be resistant to standard treatments.
- MBBS - Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (2003)
-Completed with Honours and Delhi Nedical Association Gold Medal for best outgoing graduate for the year 2003
- MD - Doctor of Medicine (2008)
-MD (Dermatology and Venereology)
- MNAMS - Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (2011)
-Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS)
- DNB - Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners (2009)
-Diplomate of National Board - DNB (Dermatology and Venereology)
- FICD - FICD (2012)
-FISD (Fellowship in Dermatosurgery and Cosmetology)
● One month International Society of Dermatology (ISD) Fellowship (under ISD Mentorship Scholarship Programme) in Dermatosurgery at the Centre for Research and Training in Skin Diseases and Leprosy (CRTSDL), Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS), Tehran from 10.01.12 till 09.02.12.
● Consultant Dermatologist & Dermatosurgeon at Skinnocence, Alchemist Hospital, Mayom Hospital since Aug 2011 and Dr Kiran’s Skin & Laser Centre since Sep 2011.
● Completed 3 years as Senior Resident and 3 years as Junior Resident (MD student) from the Department of Dermatology & STD, University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS) & GTB Hospital, Delhi from 08.07.08 till 07.07.11 and 02.05.05 till 01.05.08 respectively.
● 6 years of undergraduate and 3 years of postgraduate teaching in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology at the Dept. of Dermatology & STD, UCMS & GTB Hospital.
● 2 months as Junior Resident in Regional Blood Transfusion Centre, GTB Hospital, Delhi from 01.07.04 till 05.09.04.
● 6 months as Junior Resident in Department of Neurology, UCMS & GTB hospital, from 03.01.04 till 30.06.04.
● Formerly (in 2009), visiting faculty to Wighan & Leigh College (WLC), New Delhi for modules on “Hospital Operations” and “Concepts of Hospital Planning”.
(2005 - 2012)
- Kalyani Hospital - Sector - 14, Gurgaon
- Dr. Kiran Dermatologist - DLF City Phase - IV, Gurgaon
- Skinnocence Skin Clinic - Sushant Lok 1, Gurgaon
- ISD Fellowship
- EADV Scholarship
- Gold Medal From Delhi Medical Association
- ISD Scholarship under the ISD International Mentorship Program for one month Fellowship in Dermatosurgery & Cosmetology (Jan-Feb 2012) under Prof. Yahya Dowlati, Director & Head, CRTSDL, TUMS, Tehran (2012)
- Imrich Sarkany Scholarship from European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) to attend the EADV annual congress at Lisbon in October 2011 (2011)
- Council of Scientific & Industrial research (CSIR) travel grant to attend and present paper at World Congress of Dermatology (WCD-2011), Seoul, South Korea. (2011)
- ISD Travel Scholarship to attend and present paper at 10th International Congress of Dermatology (ICD-2009), Prague, Czech Republic. (2009)
- Associate Faculty Member (AFM) for Faculty of 1000 (F1000) in Dermatology under “Infections” category. F1000 is a post-publication peer review service that identifies and evaluates the top 2% of research in biology and medicine (2011)
- Best paper presentation award (1st prize) at Young Dermatologist Forum (Award Paper) in DERMACON-2009, 37th annual IADVL national conference held at Bangalore in Jan 2009 (2009)
- Best paper presentation award (1st prize) at Young Dermatologist Forum in DERMAZONE-2008, the annual IADVL North Zonal conference held at New Delhi in October 2008 (2008)
- Delhi Medical Association (DMA) Gold Medalist, for Best Outgoing Medical Graduate (of 1998-2003 batch) of UCMS (2004)
- Major (Dr.) Ashwani Kumar Kanva, V.S.M. Memorial Award – For Best Intern in Pediatrics. (2003)
- Gold Medal for standing FIRST in Paediatrics (2002)
- College Medal for SURGERY (2002)
- College Medal for Final Professional Examination of MBBS (2002)
- Ratan Mani Sharma Award - For standing FIRST in the Second Professional MBBS examination. (2001)
- Faculty of Pathology Golden Jubilee Award for standing FIRST in Pathology. (2001)
- Pallab Chaudhri Award - For standing FIRST in Microbiology. (2001)
- K Sridharan Award - For standing FIRST in Pharmacology (2001)
- Ram Chand Dua Award - For standing FIRST in the First Professional MBBS examination. (2000)
- K Sridharan Award - For standing FIRST in Anatomy. (2000)
- Kanhaiya Lal Gulati Award - For standing FIRST in Physiology. (2000)
- College Medal for Bio-chemistry (2000)
- Sonthalia S, Singal A. Comparative efficacy of tacrolimus 0.1% ointment and clobetasol propionate 0.05% ointment in oral lichen planus: A randomised double-blind trial. Int J Dermatol. (In Press). (2012)
- Sonthalia S, Singal A, Sharma R. Hyperhidrosis and vesicles over the nose: Granulosis Rubra Nasi. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2012;78::97-8. (2012)
- Sonthalia S, Sarkar R. From the Literature. J Cutan Aesthet Surg 2011;4:220-2. (2011)
- Singal A, Sonthalia S, Pandhi D. Childhood leprosy in a tertiary-care hospital in Delhi, India: A reappraisal in the post-elimination era. Lepr Rev 2011;82:259–269. (2011)
- Pandhi D, Sonthalia S. Human papilloma virus vaccines: Current scenario. Indian J Sex Transm Dis. 2011;32:75-85. (2011)
- Sonthalia S, Singal A, Pandhi D, Singh UR. Annular purpuric eruption in an adult male. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2011;77:731. (2011)
- Singal A, Sonthalia S, Pandhi D. Ulcerated Lupus Vulgaris at the Site of Bacille Calmette-Guérin Vaccination. Pediatr Dermatol. 2011 Nov 16. (2011)
- Sharma R, Singal A, Sonthalia S. Multiple eruptive milia over both external ears. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2011;77:519-20. (2011)
- Dar SA, Das S, Bhattacharya SN, Ramachandran VG, Ahmed T, Banerjee BD, Sonthalia S, Sood V, Banerjea AC. Possible role of superantigens in inducing autoimmunity in pemphigus patients. J Dermatol 2011;38:1-8. (2011)
- Singal A, Sonthalia S. Cutaneous tuberculosis in children: The Indian perspective. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2010;76:494-503. (2010)
- Pandhi D, Sonthalia S, Singal A. Mortimer's Malady revisited: A case of polymorphic cutaneous and systemic sarcoidosis. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2010;76:448. (2010)
- Singal A, Sonthalia S, Pandhi D. Erythema gyratum repens-like eruption occuring in resolving psoriasis during methotrexate therapy. Int J Dermatol. 2010;49:306-7. (2010)
- Chapter in Textbook: Sarkar R, Sonthalia S. Evidence based Dermatology. IADVL textbook of Dermatosurgery, Chief Ed – Mysore V.
- Chapter in Textbook: Sonthalia S, Singal A. Urticaria and Angioedema. IADVL Undergraduate Textbook of Dermatology, Chief Ed.- Vishwanath V.
- Chapter in Textbook: Pandhi D, Sonthalia S. Connective Tissue Diseases. Handbook of Skin Diseases with Evidence Based Treatment, Eds - Sardana K, Garg VK; published by Wolter Kluwer publishers, India.
- Chapter in Textbook: Singal A, Sonthalia S. Anatomy & Physiology of skin. Current Trends in Paediatrics, Eds - Mathur GP, Mathur S; published by Jaypee Brothers publications, ND.